- This module carries an LS7366R 32-bit quadrature counter. The top of the board has a pinout for interfacing with incremental encoders. The interface has ENCA and ENCB pins, along with ENCI, which is a programmable index.
- The A and B pulses fron an encoder are out of phase to each other, ideally by 90º. The LS7366R CMOS counter takes these signals as inputs and decodes them for determining direction and speed.
- On the other side, it communicates with the target board microcontroller through the SPI interface (CSK, MISO, MOSI), plus enable (CNT EN) and interrupt (LFLAG) pins. The board can use either a 3.3V or a 5V power supply.
- Type: Rotary encoder.
- Applications: Measuring RPM and speed of DC motor shafts.
- On-board modules: LS7366R 32-bit quadrature counter.
- Key Features: Pinout for receiving A, B and I pulses from incremental encoders.
- Key Benefits: Allows non-quadrature up-down counting. High resolution (32-bit).
- Interface: GPIO, SPI.
- Size: 38 x 35.5 mm.
- Input Voltage 3.3V or 5V.